Do you or someone you know suffer from Bi-polar disorder? Mad Mischief is the incredible story of a woman who overcomes her battle with this challenging condition. Holidays can be treacherous for folks who have this condition and their loved ones. Here are a few tips that can really help you navigate this season and stay true to your program of wellness:
- Do your best to maintain your health routines; many of us can have our normal schedules disrupted – yet that can really throw you off balance. Be sure to ask for what you need and maintain healthy boundaries. “No” is a complete sentence.
- Keep over stimulation to a minimum. Again taking time out for quiet and for proper self care is crucial.
- Be mindful of over drinking, over shopping, or over eating. Any of these activities can disrupt our healthy brain chemistry – and balance of course is the key with this condition.
- Expectations: hype for what this time of year is supposed to look like can put undue stress on yourself and others. Remember, the season is truly about community and peace. Keep things always in perspective and stay close to your support systems.
- Medication: during extra busy times, it can be easy to forget to take one’s meds and that can be deadly! Some ideas can be to set a timer or an auto-reminder on your phone.
This can be a truly wonderful time of year if you plan properly and put your wellness first. Also, pick up a copy of Mad Mischief today to add to your holiday reading! It can bring you real inspiration and keep you engaged to the last page!
Happy Holidays from all of us here at Mad Mischief Central!